This unit from the Community Services Training Package is delivered in partnership with Medecs Australia’s partner RTO State Enterprise Training (SET). The unit describes the knowledge and skills required by care or support workers to assist clients with medication. The unit addresses the provision of physical assistance with medication or supporting clients with self-medication in response to an assessed need, in accordance with the health / support / care plan and in line with jurisdictional requirements.
Target GroupThis program is designed for workers who can demonstrate the following:
- Are currently employed in the Community Service or Aged Care Sector
- Currently administers medication to clients / residents
- Have previously attained CHCCS305C or HLTHPS006 Assist Clients with Medication or equivalent, or HLTAP301B Recognise Healthy Body Systems in a Health Care Context or HLTAAP001...
A range of Medication Education can be discussed and tailored to specific contexts, including but not limited to:Read more
- A range of medication sessions for Registered and Enrolled Nurses
- Annual Drug Calculation Assessments for Registered and Enrolled Nurses, including marking and any required remedial education on the basis of results
- Competency-based Medication Assessments for Registered and...