This program is designed for workers who can demonstrate the following:
- Are currently employed in the Community Service or Aged Care Sector
- Currently administers medication to clients / residents
- Have previously attained CHCCS305C or HLTHPS006 Assist Clients with Medication or equivalent, or HLTAP301B Recognise Healthy Body Systems in a Health Care Context or HLTAAP001 Recognise Healthy Body System courses
The purpose of the Medication Refresher Program is to provide a professional development ‘best practice’ program with the following objectives:
- Provide an overview of the legislation that governs medication administration in the Community Service Sector, including any relevant changes to legislation
- Provide an overview of the basic principles of safe and effective medication administration within the context of a support worker / carer role, according to governing Commonwealth, state and organisational requirements, regulations, policies and procedures
- Explore the vocational expectations in relation to the administration of medications in certain circumstances and any relevant procedural updates for specific organisations
- Revise the practical requirements of administration of medications
Workshop Details and Successful Completion
This program will be delivered in a half-day workshop from 9am – 1pm, utilising a delivery blend of educator led discussion, open class discussion, group work and five workshop activities. One learner resource will be provided, including the workshop activities to inform both educator and learner regarding learning progress and to provide of source of reference for the student. As there will be no requirement for assessment against a national unit of competence, a certificate of participation will be issued.
$190 per participant (+GST)
For organisations wishing to book full programs, minimum charges apply. Please contact Deb Stone from Medecs Australia to discuss on 0408 283163 / (03) 6272 1843.
Training Calendars for following Tasmania regions: South, North, North-West
All training calendar & enrolment inquiries please contact: Phone: (03) 6272 1843 OR